Every Summer Solstice Living Fae and a small group of close friends and family come together to celebrate the season and perform a beautiful ritual designed to honor Mother Earth, Divine Source and all the spirits and energies that guide us.
As light workers it’s a time for us to display our gratitude for the path we walk and a time to bless our dreams, wishes and manifestations for the year. We hold the ritual in Carmel Valley, CA along the Carmel River the weekend on or around Summer Solstice. It’s a very beautiful magical location and you can’t help but feel how blessed it is with faerie energy when you are there.
For 2013 we are holding our celebration Friday, June 21 – Monday, June 24th. Sunday, June 23rd is the largest and closest Super Moon of the year. A very powerful Solstice indeed!
We started performing the ritual over 12 years ago. Over time its evolved into they way we celebrate it today, and every year we have one magical experience happen after another. There have been so many beautiful moments and shared magical experiences during this celebration. The type of things that always remind and affirm to us that magic really is happening before our eyes. We’ve found the ritual to really amplify the energy of our manifestations and there is a deep compelling feeling within us for the need to honor it on an annual basis. It really is a sacred experience for us, and is likely the most sacred experience we have throughout the year. It’s for this reason that we’ve kept it to be a private event.
As we continue to walk our daily spiritual path as incarnate faeries, and spread our light and love, we are now choosing to share more of this experience with you so that you to can bring it into your life if it’s something you feel drawn to. For now, we keep the event private, but we will share as much of the experience on LivingFae.com as we can until there comes a time when we are guided to take the actual event more public.
If you are interested in performing a similar ritual to what we do, here are the steps to follow. You will need to build a sacred fire and attendees should be wearing white.
- On or around Summer Solstice, construct an altar that is a representation of your spiritual path. Adorn it with items that symbolize something to you. Be sure to include all the elements ~ Earth, Air, Water, Fire and Spirit. If it helps choose a theme for your altar for inspiration and design and build from there. We have a tendency to honor the Goddess and Faeries on our Summer Solstice altar.
- We also like to decorate the sacred fire with a circle of logs we adorn with local wild flowers. We beautify all parts of the ritual as way to enhance the experience and bring about magical consciousness. This even includes ourselves and what we choose to wear.
- Next create a Pachamama ritual offering. Place it in front of the altar and perform the initial part of your blessing there. You can find instructions on the Pachamama Ritual Offering here. The offering should be contained in white tissue paper.
- Build a sacred fire. Put herbs in your fire, and if you have ashes from previous rituals put them in your fire before you start it.
Let the fire burn out so that you have only hot embers. You will be placing your offering on the fire but be sure to complete the next steps before you to do.
- When you only have hot embers and no fire the ritual is ready to start. It’s time to wrap the offering. Just before you wrap of the offering pour Florida Water on the herbs. Use a good amount so that it soaks through all the herbs.
- Now you can wrap the tissue paper up with a ribbon or twine. Place 3 coca leaves on top. The 3 coca leaves and Florida water are very important ingredients, do not leave out either of them.
- You should have 5 people available to perform the ritual. One for each of the quarter calls and one for Spirit. The individual standing as Spirit (in between East and North) will be the one placing the offering on the embers. If you don’t have 5 people you can still perform the ritual, you will just need to improvise your quarter calls.
- If you have more than 5 in your group, have those individuals stand in the circle with those announcing the quarter calls or just behind forming an outer circle. This is assuming your sacred fire is in the middle of the circle. If you can, give each person there a part in the ritual. It aids in the collective consciousness of the group.
- Ground yourself and call the quarters. We write our own quarter calls and recommend you write your own. We choose to perform our ritual deosil over windershins.
- Once you have called all 4 quarters and Spirit, and recited your blessing, place the offering on the hot embers.
- Now you simply wait with anticipation. If the offering bursts into flames it means it has been received. If it just smolders and does not, it means it was not received. We have found that the Goddess will sometimes accept it immediately and other times she has chosen to make us wait. It seems to depend on how willing she is to accept our offering as well as to how big our manifestations and requests are. She expects us to take our vows and work seriously so the bigger the request the longer it seems to take.
- Once the offering has been accepted its time to celebrate.
- If the offering just smolders it means your offering was not accepted. You may want to rethink your request as it may need more detail or you might want to take a deeper look into how connected your wish is with your true hearts desire.
We hope you have a very magical Summer Solstice. If you have any questions about the ritual, altar, quarter calls or need any type of advice to design your own ritual, please feel free to comment here or email us at LivingFae@FaerieArts.com. Love, light and faerie dust,✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫