Submission Deadline: June 2, 2015
Since its inception, the Sunset Campout Faerie Ring, located on the grass across from the Belden Town Lodge, has served as a communal space to relax, breathe, reconnect and experience a little campout magic. In recent years, it has quickly evolved into an area hosting yoga, meditation and creative conscious workshops.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we would like to offer individuals in our Sunset Community the opportunity to lead a workshop of your own design. If you feel called, we want to support your growth as a creative conscious leader.
We will be selecting workshops well suited for the Faerie Ring to enrich the experience for festival attendees.
Please submit your proposal to:
Include the following:
For inspiration here is the Sunset Campout theme for 2015: Shangri-La
We look forward to your submissions!
Love, light and faerie dust!¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*¨`*.✫*
The Spring Equinox is a time for renewal, sewing seeds and fertility. It is the day when feminine and masculine energies unite in sacred union. We celebrate the change of seasons, the balance of light and dark, yin and yang, and the return of new life.
Rituals you can perform for the Spring Equinox include symbolically planting seeds for the year, or conceiving new ideas to nurture through the season. A simple spring ritual you can do, apart from spring cleaning, is to bless some seeds with your ideas and plant them in a garden or pot.
It’s also common to use this time to free yourself from things or qualities holding you back. Since this is a day of balanced energies, it is a good time to perform workings where you are incorporating energies that are balanced. If you put your focus on one energy, make sure you balance it with a counterpart to raise the charge.
Along with setting personal intension and performing ritual, Spring Equinox is also a beautiful time of year to raise your vibration through celebration. In San Francisco, its time for us to commune, reconnect and dance in the park once again with our Sunset family and friends.
This year the Sunset Opener is honoring longtime Sunseter, DJ Nick (Nicole) Mason. Nick DJ’d with Sunset in the park and on the Sunset Boat Parties back in the day.
- Event: Sunset Season Opener
- Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2015
- Location: Stafford Lake, Novato, CA
- Info: Please be sure to read updates and details on Facebook for more information. There are very important parking info updates.
“On March 20th, 1994 the first Sunset party happened in celebration of the Spring Equinox in Berkeley Marina, California. Overlooking the Golden Gate and the San Francisco skyline we danced into the evening. It’s this transformative time when the sun sets and we move from light to dark that has fueled 2 decades of friends and family coming together to bring close to the weekend and positivity to the week ahead. Drawing from the the spirit of sound system culture from Jamaica and UK, Sunset has produced over 150 free outdoor dance parties from the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. Whether it be a renegade beach party or a permitted event in the park the communal vibe has remained unchanged.” ~ Sunset Sound System
See you in the park!
Love, Light and Faerie Dust *.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*
We had a lovely Imbolc honoring the fae goddess Saint Brighid! We designed an altar in her honor, lit sacred candles, burned a sacred fire, planted the seeds of the hawthorne tree and were bestowed with the gift of a new ritual for us, to gift the Faerie Rites to others.
It was a magical, sacred and enchanting weekend for us with our Faerie Sister, Pixie Pam. Pixie Pam gifted Anne Elizabeth and I with our Faerie Rites in the summer of 2014 at the Sunset Campout in the Faerie Ring. Being gifted with the Faerie Rites was a very special experience for us, and there was certainly an awakening from its charge. This blessing of ancient wisdom that allows our physical bodies to gift them to others seemed like a purely natural step on our Fae Way.
We’ll be continuing to work on and evolve the rites from the downloads we receive and are bursting with faerie dust in anticipation to gift them to you, if you so choose to experience them.
Love, light and faerie dust!¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*¨*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.*¨`*.✫*
We are once again fluttering about in anticipation for our favorite annual event, Sunset Campout. Sunset Campout takes place in Belden Town, CA along the breathtaking Feather River July 25th – 27th.
We have been designing altars for our friends and Sunset Sound System community for 12 years, and feel very lucky and blessed to be given the space to express the divine inspiration channeling through us. We love our Sunset friends and family so much and can’t wait to work, play and dance with everyone again.
As always, there is a stellar musical line up and amazing art. Performances by Soul Clap, Danny Daze, Three, Dave Aju, and Pillow Talk to name only a few, so be sure to check out the Sunset Campout website for details on the line up.
The Sunset Campout Faerie Ring is back and we are excited to expand the area and activities this year. We will host more yoga, meditations, healing workshops, a juicing demo and a very special Hang Drum performance by Laura Inserra. Our favorite shaman, Shaman Durek is with us again to share his knowledge and healing magic. For our Schedule of Activities see below or for more information, please see the Sunset Campout website.
OPENING CEREMONY, a special collaborative sacred ritual with Shaman Durek & Living Fae, starts at 12noon on Friday, July 25th on the Beach Stage.
FAERIE RING SCHEDULE ACTIVITIES
FRIDAY, July 25th
6:00pm – 7:00pm
Yoga: Sunset Salutations
“The sun shines not on us, but in us. The river flows not past us but through us.” John Muir. A invigorating flow through the sun salutes, to bring awareness to our breath, for clarity and awareness in all our actions.
7:30pm – 8:30pm
Hang Drum: A Musical Journey
Join Laura Inserra for her collection of soulful sounds to induce a meditative atmosphere in this ambient hang drum performance.
9:00pm – 10:30pm
How to Connect with Your Spirit Guides
Shaman Durek will teach you to make an introduction to your guides, how to understand your guides and learn how to create a relationship with them so you have awareness in all areas of your life.
SATURDAY, JULY 26th
12:00pm – 1:00pm
The Liquid Garden Juicing Demo
A demo showcasing a variety of methods on how to juice/blend your produce into a healthy beverage. Including a discussion on the many health and wellness benefits attained through a daily juicing practice.
6:00pm – 7:00pm
Energy Center Alignment
A guided meditation to align your energy centers and create greater heart expansion by developing an awareness of the power and life giving force of the Sun.
9:00pm – 10:30pm
Shamanic Elemental Breath Work
Release toxins and blocked energy, increase blood flow, and illuminate and raise the vibration of your spiritual body in an intensive breath work session with Shaman Durek.
SUNDAY, JULY 27th
3:30pm – 4:30pm
The Journey Home
Pixie Pam & Tara Samiy
A guided meditation to prepare for the journey home. Pam and Tara lead a sacred ritual through the sound of the drum, a rhythm that runs through nature and our hearts, to help ground, recharge and reflect on our weekend.
See you there!
Love, Light and Faerie Dust!
Melanie & Anne
Living Fae is honored to be creating the altar and sacred space for the Sunset Sound System 20 Year Anniversary Season Opener on Sunday, April 6th, 2014.
Living Fae has been involved in building altars for Sunset for the past 12 years. These events are very near and dear to our hearts and we look forward to the spring and summer months where we get to produce and create altars and sacred spaces. We are always really excited and inspired to design something beautiful and magical to share with our Sunset family.
Living Fae is a synergy of the energies of Melanie Dawn and Anne Elizabeth. We believe in living the very true essence of your being. Our mission is to spread light, love, peace, inspiration, empowerment and the magic of believing! Sunset is where Living Fae got its start and is where Melanie Dawn and Anne Elizabeth first met.
The altar for this year’s Sunset Season Opener will be dedicated in loving memory of DJ’s Josh Christian Ezelle and Frankie Knuckles.
Sunset Sound System Dates To Remember:
May 4, 2014 – Sunset Spring Boat Party! – The San Francisco Spirit – San Francisco, CA
June 14, 2014 – Sunset Island: an electronic music picnic – Treasure Island, California
July 8, 2014 – Sunset Sound System Boat Party – The Garden Festival, Croatia
July 25-27, 2014 – Sunset Campout! – Belden Town, California
Every Summer Solstice Living Fae and a small group of close friends and family come together to celebrate the season and perform a beautiful ritual designed to honor Mother Earth, Divine Source and all the spirits and energies that guide us.
As light workers it’s a time for us to display our gratitude for the path we walk and a time to bless our dreams, wishes and manifestations for the year. We hold the ritual in Carmel Valley, CA along the Carmel River the weekend on or around Summer Solstice. It’s a very beautiful magical location and you can’t help but feel how blessed it is with faerie energy when you are there.
For 2013 we are holding our celebration Friday, June 21 – Monday, June 24th. Sunday, June 23rd is the largest and closest Super Moon of the year. A very powerful Solstice indeed!
We started performing the ritual over 12 years ago. Over time its evolved into they way we celebrate it today, and every year we have one magical experience happen after another. There have been so many beautiful moments and shared magical experiences during this celebration. The type of things that always remind and affirm to us that magic really is happening before our eyes. We’ve found the ritual to really amplify the energy of our manifestations and there is a deep compelling feeling within us for the need to honor it on an annual basis. It really is a sacred experience for us, and is likely the most sacred experience we have throughout the year. It’s for this reason that we’ve kept it to be a private event.
As we continue to walk our daily spiritual path as incarnate faeries, and spread our light and love, we are now choosing to share more of this experience with you so that you to can bring it into your life if it’s something you feel drawn to. For now, we keep the event private, but we will share as much of the experience on LivingFae.com as we can until there comes a time when we are guided to take the actual event more public.
If you are interested in performing a similar ritual to what we do, here are the steps to follow. You will need to build a sacred fire and attendees should be wearing white.
- On or around Summer Solstice, construct an altar that is a representation of your spiritual path. Adorn it with items that symbolize something to you. Be sure to include all the elements ~ Earth, Air, Water, Fire and Spirit. If it helps choose a theme for your altar for inspiration and design and build from there. We have a tendency to honor the Goddess and Faeries on our Summer Solstice altar.
- We also like to decorate the sacred fire with a circle of logs we adorn with local wild flowers. We beautify all parts of the ritual as way to enhance the experience and bring about magical consciousness. This even includes ourselves and what we choose to wear.
- Next create a Pachamama ritual offering. Place it in front of the altar and perform the initial part of your blessing there. You can find instructions on the Pachamama Ritual Offering here. The offering should be contained in white tissue paper.
- Build a sacred fire. Put herbs in your fire, and if you have ashes from previous rituals put them in your fire before you start it.
Let the fire burn out so that you have only hot embers. You will be placing your offering on the fire but be sure to complete the next steps before you to do.
- When you only have hot embers and no fire the ritual is ready to start. It’s time to wrap the offering. Just before you wrap of the offering pour Florida Water on the herbs. Use a good amount so that it soaks through all the herbs.
- Now you can wrap the tissue paper up with a ribbon or twine. Place 3 coca leaves on top. The 3 coca leaves and Florida water are very important ingredients, do not leave out either of them.
- You should have 5 people available to perform the ritual. One for each of the quarter calls and one for Spirit. The individual standing as Spirit (in between East and North) will be the one placing the offering on the embers. If you don’t have 5 people you can still perform the ritual, you will just need to improvise your quarter calls.
- If you have more than 5 in your group, have those individuals stand in the circle with those announcing the quarter calls or just behind forming an outer circle. This is assuming your sacred fire is in the middle of the circle. If you can, give each person there a part in the ritual. It aids in the collective consciousness of the group.
- Ground yourself and call the quarters. We write our own quarter calls and recommend you write your own. We choose to perform our ritual deosil over windershins.
- Once you have called all 4 quarters and Spirit, and recited your blessing, place the offering on the hot embers.
- Now you simply wait with anticipation. If the offering bursts into flames it means it has been received. If it just smolders and does not, it means it was not received. We have found that the Goddess will sometimes accept it immediately and other times she has chosen to make us wait. It seems to depend on how willing she is to accept our offering as well as to how big our manifestations and requests are. She expects us to take our vows and work seriously so the bigger the request the longer it seems to take.
- Once the offering has been accepted its time to celebrate.
- If the offering just smolders it means your offering was not accepted. You may want to rethink your request as it may need more detail or you might want to take a deeper look into how connected your wish is with your true hearts desire.
We hope you have a very magical Summer Solstice. If you have any questions about the ritual, altar, quarter calls or need any type of advice to design your own ritual, please feel free to comment here or email us at LivingFae@FaerieArts.com. Love, light and faerie dust,✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫
This gallery contains 21 photos.