Get out your picnic blankets, drinks, snacks and dancing shoes and come find us at Sunset Island: An Electronic Music Festival on Saturday, June 14th at Treasure Island ~ San Francisco, CA. We’ll be living our authenticity building altars and playing in the sun! Sunset Sound System has an amazing line up planned! Hope to see you there! Check out event details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/735895219764855
Beltane blessings to you! A celebration of Faery and Fire!
The Beltane Blessing
Bless, O threefold true and bountiful,
Myself, my spouse, my children.
Bless everything within my dwelling and in my possession,
Bless the kine and crops, the flocks and corn,
From Samhain Eve to Beltane Eve,
With goodly progress and gentle blessing,
From sea to sea, and every river mouth,
From wave to wave, and base of waterfall.
Be the Maiden, Mother, and Crone,
Taking possession of all to me belonging.
Be the Horned God, the Wild Spirit of the Forest,
Protecting me in truth and honor.
Satisfy my soul and shield my loved ones,
Blessing every thing and every one,
All my land and my surroundings.
Great gods who create and bring life to all, I ask for your blessings on this day of fire.
Have a magical day and may your life be prosperous and abundant with Love, Light and Faerie Dust!
~ Living Fae
As we move through the darkest time of year, hold your vision strong. Allow yourself to see the love in your heart, all the love you have culminated for yourself, and the love of the divine. Let it to surround you. It’s the return of the light!
Do you have a ritual planned for yourself for today? Even if it’s just a few moments, take some time to reflect on the year gone by. Remember all the moments, the magic, the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the joy and the pain for every single one of them is a blessing. Even when it doesn’t feel like it so much.
If you don’t have your own ritual here’s something you can do, feel free to modify at your Will.
– Draw a bath, light some candles, put some bath salts or aromatherapy in the water and take a ritual bath. Allow yourself to absorb into the water. Feel it embrace and cleanse you. And when you drain the bath, relax and stay in the tub as you feel the water drain down.
– Light a white candle and perform a candle meditation. Focus your mind on the light of the candle. See yourself as the light of the flickering flame. You are being reborn, yet again.
– Send blessings of light and love to all the people you love. Embrace them with your pure heart and light. Hold them through any darkness and pain. You are love.
– Send blessings of light and love to whole the world, Mother Earth, all the creatures, all the people. Embrace them with your pure heart and light.
– When you are finished with your meditation do something creative. Allow the elements you use to symbolize your intensions, dreams and goals for the upcoming year. It could be as simple as writing in your journal, or you could create a visualization board, make music or use your creativity in the company of your friends, family, and social network in way you haven’t tried before.
– We like to create a yule log. Our yule logs are a simple oak log decorated with magical herbs, flowers and oils. Once the log has been created we bless it, call the quarters, invoke it with our gratitude, bestow our dreams and wishes upon it, sprinkle it with glitter and burn it in a sacred fire.
Many blessings of love, light upon you as the light returns! Hail to the faeries, hail to the divine, hail to you – the light!
Love, light and faerie dust! *¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸¸
Melanie & Anne
It’s that time year, when summer has ended, the leaves are changing color and falling, and day and night are once again in balance. Autumn equinox is upon us. If you are in the southern hemisphere it’s your spring, where you plant the seeds for something new. But here in the North Hemisphere we celebrate the blessings of fall.
This time of year is all about balance, the astrological sign of Libra. Use this season as way to restore balance in your life. Look to the areas of your life that seem out balance and do the work necessary to bring them to. Focus on an activity that helps to restore balance like yoga, and if you don’t already do it on a regular basis, spend some time meditating. Meditation will not only help you to restore balance in your inner and outer world, but it’s a good way to nurture and care for your deepest inner most part of yourself. The more you nurture your inner light, the more prepared you are for the darker days that lie ahead.
Celebrate the blessings of fall. Celebrate the areas of your life that are already in balance. Celebrate your inner harvest.
Honor the god/goddess in you. Light a candle, fill your home with the scents of the season like pumpkin lattes, nutmeg, cinnamon, and spiced apples. Then make a list of all the achievements and experiences that you have had or felt during the past few seasons. This is a way of restoring gratitude in your life, because you will realize all you have done and how you lived through all your challenges during the past months. When you appreciate them its makes it easier for any unbalanced areas to come into balance.
Happy Wonderful Autumn Equinox.
Love, Light and Faerie Dust *¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸¸.
Living Fae is a Faerie Arts Enterprises brand.
©2013 Faerie Arts Enterprises.
Every Summer Solstice Living Fae and a small group of close friends and family come together to celebrate the season and perform a beautiful ritual designed to honor Mother Earth, Divine Source and all the spirits and energies that guide us.
As light workers it’s a time for us to display our gratitude for the path we walk and a time to bless our dreams, wishes and manifestations for the year. We hold the ritual in Carmel Valley, CA along the Carmel River the weekend on or around Summer Solstice. It’s a very beautiful magical location and you can’t help but feel how blessed it is with faerie energy when you are there.
For 2013 we are holding our celebration Friday, June 21 – Monday, June 24th. Sunday, June 23rd is the largest and closest Super Moon of the year. A very powerful Solstice indeed!
We started performing the ritual over 12 years ago. Over time its evolved into they way we celebrate it today, and every year we have one magical experience happen after another. There have been so many beautiful moments and shared magical experiences during this celebration. The type of things that always remind and affirm to us that magic really is happening before our eyes. We’ve found the ritual to really amplify the energy of our manifestations and there is a deep compelling feeling within us for the need to honor it on an annual basis. It really is a sacred experience for us, and is likely the most sacred experience we have throughout the year. It’s for this reason that we’ve kept it to be a private event.
As we continue to walk our daily spiritual path as incarnate faeries, and spread our light and love, we are now choosing to share more of this experience with you so that you to can bring it into your life if it’s something you feel drawn to. For now, we keep the event private, but we will share as much of the experience on LivingFae.com as we can until there comes a time when we are guided to take the actual event more public.
If you are interested in performing a similar ritual to what we do, here are the steps to follow. You will need to build a sacred fire and attendees should be wearing white.
- On or around Summer Solstice, construct an altar that is a representation of your spiritual path. Adorn it with items that symbolize something to you. Be sure to include all the elements ~ Earth, Air, Water, Fire and Spirit. If it helps choose a theme for your altar for inspiration and design and build from there. We have a tendency to honor the Goddess and Faeries on our Summer Solstice altar.
- We also like to decorate the sacred fire with a circle of logs we adorn with local wild flowers. We beautify all parts of the ritual as way to enhance the experience and bring about magical consciousness. This even includes ourselves and what we choose to wear.
- Next create a Pachamama ritual offering. Place it in front of the altar and perform the initial part of your blessing there. You can find instructions on the Pachamama Ritual Offering here. The offering should be contained in white tissue paper.
- Build a sacred fire. Put herbs in your fire, and if you have ashes from previous rituals put them in your fire before you start it.
Let the fire burn out so that you have only hot embers. You will be placing your offering on the fire but be sure to complete the next steps before you to do.
- When you only have hot embers and no fire the ritual is ready to start. It’s time to wrap the offering. Just before you wrap of the offering pour Florida Water on the herbs. Use a good amount so that it soaks through all the herbs.
- Now you can wrap the tissue paper up with a ribbon or twine. Place 3 coca leaves on top. The 3 coca leaves and Florida water are very important ingredients, do not leave out either of them.
- You should have 5 people available to perform the ritual. One for each of the quarter calls and one for Spirit. The individual standing as Spirit (in between East and North) will be the one placing the offering on the embers. If you don’t have 5 people you can still perform the ritual, you will just need to improvise your quarter calls.
- If you have more than 5 in your group, have those individuals stand in the circle with those announcing the quarter calls or just behind forming an outer circle. This is assuming your sacred fire is in the middle of the circle. If you can, give each person there a part in the ritual. It aids in the collective consciousness of the group.
- Ground yourself and call the quarters. We write our own quarter calls and recommend you write your own. We choose to perform our ritual deosil over windershins.
- Once you have called all 4 quarters and Spirit, and recited your blessing, place the offering on the hot embers.
- Now you simply wait with anticipation. If the offering bursts into flames it means it has been received. If it just smolders and does not, it means it was not received. We have found that the Goddess will sometimes accept it immediately and other times she has chosen to make us wait. It seems to depend on how willing she is to accept our offering as well as to how big our manifestations and requests are. She expects us to take our vows and work seriously so the bigger the request the longer it seems to take.
- Once the offering has been accepted its time to celebrate.
- If the offering just smolders it means your offering was not accepted. You may want to rethink your request as it may need more detail or you might want to take a deeper look into how connected your wish is with your true hearts desire.
We hope you have a very magical Summer Solstice. If you have any questions about the ritual, altar, quarter calls or need any type of advice to design your own ritual, please feel free to comment here or email us at LivingFae@FaerieArts.com. Love, light and faerie dust,✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫
It’s that time of year. May you blessed with the magic of the summer season.
Originally posted on Living Fae:
The Pachamama, Mother Earth, offering is a collection of natural substances representing that which we want to purify and manifest in our lives. Pachamama loves everything from herbs and flowers, to crystals, coins, and shells. As long as it can be burned without harming the environment it is considered an acceptable offering.
We do the Pachamama, Mother Earth, ritual every year as way to bestow our gratitude, love and respect for the earth and all its creatures, as well as those from other realms like the faeries, our spirit guides, and ascended masters. We give our thanks for the blessings we have received and lessons we have learned.
Through this ritual we show Pachamama our devotion to serving and protecting the earth. As a thank you for our dedication in service to her she grants us our manifestations [if she so chooses].
1. Sage yourself with some of the ritual…
View original 349 more words
Wishing You a Beautiful Summer Solstice. May it be filled with Magic!
Originally posted on Living Fae:
Summer Solstice is a magical time and one of my favorite times of the year. For one it’s my birthday and it’s also a faerie day, where the veil between our world and the land a faerie is thin. For these reasons I have a very personal connection to this season. Even before I started on my spiritual path I would celebrate my birthday outside in nature, and often dancing under the stars. It was when I met my faerie partner in magic Melanie Dawn that Solstice started to have an even deeper meaning for me. It was the first of the Sabbats that I began to honor and celebrate. It marked my initiation into the “Old Ways” which has lead to fully embracing my inner faerie and spiritual self.
Summer Solstice occurs sometime between June 20th – 21st in the northern hemisphere. Solstice means sun stands still and this…
View original 835 more words